Atari Tank Raid Restore!

Gaming Heaven

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
106CR
Hi all

I am posting this on several forums!

Someone really generous [Alpha1, massive thanks again Olly!] gave me an Atari Tank project machine

I am aiming to restore it, no idea on time frame [might be long term] but here are a few shots:

102_0658_2.jpg


102_0685_2.jpg


102_0690_2.jpg


102_0691_2.jpg


Update now is I have already been offered a marquee which I am very grateful for.

So I now need:

Marquee retainers [although could make some]
marquee surround and instructions
advice on the right substitute 24" CRT

Any advice or comments is gratefully received

I have almost finished cleaning it so will post some more pictures soon

Keep an eye out for updates!

Gaming Heaven2015-11-09 23:26:06
 

Gaming Heaven

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
106CR
sorry for the delay missed the post

the entire chasis [and neck board also I think] is missing!

I need a replacement monitor, does not have to be as old, as long as it takes the inut and outputs black and white!
 

Gaming Heaven

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
106CR
no suprise at the screen burn with this game:

102_0705_2.jpg


cleared the old rubber matting as it was shot, so will then fill the dinks and glue some new matting on

102_0706_2.jpg


cleaned up the CP notice the historic repair

102_0710_2.jpg


more than 36000 plays:

102_0716_2.jpg


remove pcbs:

102_0734_2.jpg


the components on the other side are clearly suspect

102_0732_2.jpg


notice the left board, there are 2 black components [just below the top left hand corner massive capacitor, are they resistors or diodes?!] that are causing the scorching:

102_0729_2.jpg


original marquee secured as below, but I need the bezel surround with instructions

tank_01.jpg


Gaming Heaven2015-11-15 16:17:37
 

philmurr

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
48 (100%)
Credits
2,362CR
2 diodes and a resistor.

Fairly standard scorching from games of this era, just need to replace them all with something a bit more modern.

If they're the same as in Breakout, I've just bought some RL257 (2.5A) diodes and have a spare couple if you want them?
 

philmurr

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
48 (100%)
Credits
2,362CR
From the schematic they look like MR501's which are quite high current (at least 3A)

You might want to consider converting to a switcher which I think might be more reliable for this board.
 
Top