Fix it Felix Jr Scratch Build

Beaps

Active member
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
357CR
I tell you what I think would look good....

Using old buttons & sticks, maybe older looking artwork if possible. That will make it look more original as if you use everything new it would'nt imo.
 

itruk

Active member
Feedback
17 (100%)
Credits
450CR
Bit of an update..

Since I've test mounted the monitor to make sure it fits in the cab and get the right angle, the monitor is held up with brackets on the side of the cab, which in true Nintendo tradition, bolt through the sideart.

So before fixing the monitor permanently, I need to fix the sideart
smiley5.gif


Not doing any type of sideart fitting before, I was nervous... So measuring down a couple of inch from the top, and even from the back edge, I put a few pencil marks on the cab for guidance.

Pealed the top side of backing paper back and lined it all up, then spead it out whilst pulling the paper down...

CEglxHs.jpg


Perfect!! Was really chuffed with myself lol.

Whilst I was at it, I put the control panel together and ran into a small hiccup with the Nintendo buttons and holders with the microswitch fitted.

WYCYm18.jpg


The buttons are no where near clicking the switch!

So a little thought, and..

GZY8Fyy.jpg


Woop!

And the rest;

ReRZhRz.jpg


I had to set the yellow buttons in slightly on the back since these are smaller pinball machine flipper leaf buttons and I just couldn't get enough on the thread to put the nut on.

mEDGU4t.jpg


4JGqtcF.jpg


C6a8HIC.jpg


Testing on the TV in the house;

7fhEVT2.jpg


Getting there now!!

I wanted to run the game in order to find out the controls so I could then program the mini-ipac so I can get on with the buttons.

Since I'm running Felix from a laptop, I've got to open the case to expose the power button and then solder some wire to that to then run to a power button within the cab. This is needed to obviously safely turn the laptop on and shutdown properly, instead of just switching it off at the socket.

I'm still going to have a power switch on the rear to give power to everything, but I'm thinking of having the actual laptop power on/shut down somewhere inside when the coin door is open.

So thats next to do, along with the fitting of some tmolding
smiley4.gif

itruk2016-01-21 20:45:38
 
  • Like
Reactions: cNp

cparsonsuk

Active member
Credits
205CR
Brilliant progress, getting the art on makes such a difference... this is (hopefully) like the near future for the cabs biglouie is making for me and him.

Keep the updates coming!

cNp
 
Top