Hi from Reading

TaNk666

Newbie
Credits
12CR
Hi all. After playing my first game at the tender age of two I have been an avid fan for over 30 years.

I first got into home arcades when I found a pair of electrocoin goliath arcade cabinets in a skip on my drive home from work.

I love tinkering and repairing so looking forward to expanding my knowledge!
 
Last edited:

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,220CR
Hi all. After playing my first game at the tender age of two I have been an avid fan for over 30 years.

I first got into home arcades when I found a pair of electrocoin goliath arcade cabinets in a skip on my drive home from work.

I love tinkering and repairing so looking forward to expanding my knowledge!

Welcome and that is awesome, perfect start into home arcade that :)

My first Jamma cab and table machines came from the tip
 

TaNk666

Newbie
Credits
12CR
Welcome. So you pulled 2 Electrocoin Goliaths out of a skip! What condition were they in!? Amazing
They were in pretty good shape to be honest. Unfortunately one had it's bezel glass smashed but still couldn't say no! 😂

Then to top it off the guy came out and offered the JAMMA boards for them as well. Ended up with a copy of Act-Fancer and Street fighter 2.
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
301CR
They were in pretty good shape to be honest. Unfortunately one had it's bezel glass smashed but still couldn't say no! 😂

Then to top it off the guy came out and offered the JAMMA boards for them as well. Ended up with a copy of Act-Fancer and Street fighter 2.
Wow! That was a result! Amazing what some people throw away. 😯
 

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,220CR
I remember when there was a Sega Thunderblade upright on ebay, guy said someone had left it in the back alley so he took it home but his missus didn't want it there so he listed on ebay, think it was in Liverpool
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
301CR
I remember when there was a Sega Thunderblade upright on ebay, guy said someone had left it in the back alley so he took it home but his missus didn't want it there so he listed on ebay, think it was in Liverpool
Wow! A Thunderblade as well!
Probably the original person who left it out in the back alley had a similar missus to the one who then sold it on ebay! And then then one who brought it on ebay Probably had a missus who moaned at him and he left it in a field! Which was probably picked up by a guy who's misses moaned about why are you stopping the van.. you get the picture! 😁
Moral of the story is These machines need us guys, like we needed them in the past. Never let anyone moan or abuse you about having the best hobby in the world.
RIP all the machines that didn't make it. Peace. 🕹🙏😂
 

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,220CR
Wow! A Thunderblade as well!
Probably the original person who left it out in the back alley had a similar missus to the one who then sold it on ebay! And then then one who brought it on ebay Probably had a missus who moaned at him and he left it in a field! Which was probably picked up by a guy who's misses moaned about why are you stopping the van.. you get the picture! 😁
Moral of the story is These machines need us guys, like we needed them in the past. Never let anyone moan or abuse you about having the best hobby in the world.
RIP all the machines that didn't make it. Peace. 🕹🙏😂

Think it sold for £11 but long time ago so could be wrong but it didn't go for much. another 2 I remember on ebay there was a Thunderblade Dlx i seem to remember being in a front garden covered up or thats where the photos were taken which was on starting at £50 and think it sold at that and then the Afterburner Dlx in a back garden in Lincolnshire start bid £50 and ended at that, was outside covered up, I remember a guy selling one years later that he said had been outside and he'd restored it all so probably that one, had chance to get one for £250 from a holiday camp but hadn't the space as loads of others I wanted but it's a cool cab, been some crazy stuff on ebay cheap over years, oh Cisco Heat Dlx also starting bid £10 and no bids lol
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
301CR
Think it sold for £11 but long time ago so could be wrong but it didn't go for much. another 2 I remember on ebay there was a Thunderblade Dlx i seem to remember being in a front garden covered up or thats where the photos were taken which was on starting at £50 and think it sold at that and then the Afterburner Dlx in a back garden in Lincolnshire start bid £50 and ended at that, was outside covered up, I remember a guy selling one years later that he said had been outside and he'd restored it all so probably that one, had chance to get one for £250 from a holiday camp but hadn't the space as loads of others I wanted but it's a cool cab, been some crazy stuff on ebay cheap over years, oh Cisco Heat Dlx also starting bid £10 and no bids lol
Madness!! Imagine something like an Afterburner Dlx set up in the backroom just sitting there proudly waiting for you to have a go at any time!💥👩‍🚀🪂.. stuff dreams are made of💕. Truly Madness that some of these machines get left out in the weather.
 

Shoryu-stu

Active member
Credits
331CR
Hi all. After playing my first game at the tender age of two I have been an avid fan for over 30 years.

I first got into home arcades when I found a pair of electrocoin goliath arcade cabinets in a skip on my drive home from work.

I love tinkering and repairing so looking forward to expanding my knowledge!
In a skip?? u da man!!(y) welcomes.
 
Top