Neo Geo AES+ (new console)

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,244CR
Love that they have the manuals with all the games.

The only reason I can see that might stop converters working would be voltages as this is powered by USB-C i think. I believe originally they had issues on some of the 5v versions which wasn't an issue with the 9v variant of the original. I could also be talking complete bo!!ocks so who knows.....

Good change they'll work though.
USB-C goes way higher than 5V if you make use of it properly.

They've not been produced yet.
That's the key thing. It's a concept until it's made and mass produced.
 

pjskilllz

User
Feedback
3 (100%)
Credits
157CR
i just ordered the ultimate version. 10 games at 70 quid each means im getting the machine, 2x sticks, pad, mem card and some kinda storage thingy for free.
Im mainly a MVS collector but have 20 or so AES carts.
Interested in what voltage it runs on. if 9v, it could power my furrtek adapter so i can play mvs on it.
I own a mvs and aes consoles now and rhis just gives me more options. Interested if they release more games beyond the 10 mentioned
Hi mate. Ive still got alot of MVS carts im selling if your interested?
 

neoretro

Active member
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
1,121CR
I was a bit disappointed to find it’s basically just flash memory in a nice cart. But none the less supporting the mass production and technology will hopefully make new games easier to manufacture.

Anyone still waiting for Bitmap Bureau to deliver final vendetta will attest to this.
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,244CR
I was a bit disappointed to find it’s basically just flash memory in a nice cart. But none the less supporting the mass production and technology will hopefully make new games easier to manufacture.
I forget all that was promised, but the carts are supposed to be backwards compatible with the original AES, but presumably not the MVS?

I did fancy a Pulstar as that's the pricey one for the MVS.
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,244CR
That's the whole AES+ thing in a nutshell though - for a rather reasonable price, I quite liked the stamp-of-authenticity a new Pulstar cart would come with (even if it's a glorified flash cart inside).

edit: I'll look into a converter when the time comes - thanks :cool:
 

Max...

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
415CR
Fully understand that - I'm a 100% MVS guy so it's not for me but if there was a MVS + repro board coming out I'd be all over it - after my 4 slot gave up the ghost I've stockpiled a 1 slot and a couple more 2 slots to keep alongside my old consolized 2 slot.

Alongside all my original MVS carts I did succumb to a modern AliX repro of Money Puzzle Exchanger and Prehistoric Isle 2 - as I got all my other carts BITD when they were £20 or so and can't bring myself to pay modern prices! :D
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,244CR
Well there's the plastic case in that shop a couple of months back...
There's a lot to appear in less than four months.

It does at least seem more viable once you listen to the tech talks by those involved and realise, unsurprisingly, it's not the original chipset (the marketing blurb was pushing it a bit ).
 
Top