PAC-MAN Mini Arcade scratch build FINISHED

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
I decided to start building a pac-man mini arcade considering I brought a board

I thought you guys might wanna see so I started the build and thought I'd post my updates here

cutting the wood seems to be the longest task

putting it together was easy

so far this is how far I gotten

and yes the coin door was needed for this

2014-09-22%2012.32.23.jpg


Front Kick with coin door fitted

2014-09-23%2016.56.55.jpg


The build so far silverfox07862015-02-22 14:46:49
 

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
great I will check it out and have a listen

I studied graphics design in college although its not my profession but I still remember it and designed a few cabs about 6 years ago but never got built

I still have the plans but doubt it will ever be built now

but this pac-man I really wanted to have a go and so far im really enjoying it

I have designed all the artwork to custom fit already and will be sending it off to muddymusic for printed at the next order

btw virtvic I wanted to ask as I found out you work at the engravers

would you be able to make a metal plaque for me for this pac-man a bit like the trimline you did
 

virtvic

The Cabaret King
Feedback
21 (96%)
Credits
2,009CR
I don't work at an engravers, I'm a CNC machinist, but I can do engraving.

Depends on what you need. PM me your ideas and I'll see if they are doable.
 

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
virtvic said:
I don't work at an engravers, I'm a CNC machinist, but I can do engraving.

Depends on what you need.  PM me your ideas and I'll see if they are doable.

I was close hehe

sure I will get a design and pm you with it

will be very simple
 

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
New update to this build

all the wood is pretty much done

just need to cut the speaker hole and make a back door and punch the CP

the Monitor and control panel area came out nice I think and look real authentic I think

What you guys think

build so far

2014-09-25%2017.51.41.jpg


Monitor and CP area
2014-09-25%2017.51.58.jpg


CP shifted to show monitor area
2014-09-25%2017.52.11.jpg


Side
2014-09-25%2017.53.23.jpg


Inside
2014-09-25%2017.52.48.jpg


2014-09-25%2017.52.56.jpg


Monitor to be fitted
2014-09-25%2017.52.23.jpg
 

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
Thanks mate its nice to have a nice comment like that

still need to do the screw hole wood filling and hopefully muddy will have an order open soon so I can get art work for it
 

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
Got loads done today

had to recut the Monitor Bezel as it was a little off

and made 4 Control panels as I just wasn't happy with them, Im happy now

Filled in the screw holes aswell

Decided to do a dryfit with all components to see how they look installed

I also managed to just get in with the Artwork order so that will arrive next week

looks like this build will be done in about 2 weeks max

2014-10-03%2022.21.43.jpg


2014-10-03%2021.48.47.jpg


My 2 year old Son can reach the controls YAY
2014-10-03%2022.22.10.jpg


2014-10-03%2022.22.20.jpg


Still need to sand the filling and install a marquee lightsilverfox07862014-10-03 22:34:52
 

silverfox0786

Beware the Hillman
Feedback
47 (100%)
Credits
2,699CR
I didn't do a post sanding photos but I have done loads and its not far from complete now

next step is the orange edge banding

got the paint down on it and it looks great

and the artworks gonna look ace

2014-10-24%2022.18.51.jpg


2014-10-24%2022.19.16.jpg
silverfox07862014-10-24 22:24:31
 
Top