Powder coating colour

channel27

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
1,354CR
Hi all,
I’ve finally managed to get the last of my twin Daytona USA project home and am about to embark on its restoration. It’s by far the rustiest cab I’ve ever owned but its still structurally sound. First things first, all the metal work needs shot blasting (to within an inch of its life) and powder coating. Silly question but what colour do I ask for? Would it be Satin Black?

Many thanks,
Rob

Ruuuuuust!

705D219C-3A07-45AB-9AED-7AF4F495BA0E.jpeg
 

mozie

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
20 (100%)
Credits
529CR
Fook me, by time you've shot blasted that there won't be anything left to powdercoat so I wouldn't worry about it
 

chris2922

Active member
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
329CR
I was advised that satin black was the best match to the original finish.
When the bits came back they matched nicely with original parts that didn’t need work.
 

channel27

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
1,354CR
smiley36.gif
It’s all surface rust, just lots and lots of it and all over.

Thanks Chris. Satin black it is. Colour matching shouldn’t be a problem though as it’s all getting done
smiley20.gif
channel272022-11-02 09:02:34
 

channel27

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
1,354CR
Many thanks guys
smiley20.gif


I’ll start a restoration thread when it’s underway

Luckily the plastics are really good. A year and a half ago I got these home! The cab itself had been sat under a tarp for 7 years. Longest run up to at restoration ever :D

IMG_2020b.jpg
channel272022-11-02 11:28:07
 
Top