Resident Evil 😮

funk

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
543CR
So I'm a big enough wimp to admit even the jump scares in the first two were (are 🤣) a challenge for me.

RE4 has a rightful new lease of life, again didn't get far but have huge respect for it. I lost touch after that.

I've just watched a short 10-15 min video of how people speedrun RE7 and my god!!! Am I just old? Am I just sensitive? ...it seems to be genuinely traumatic inducing first person horror, I'm impressed and yeah, rightfully horrified 😮 Far from the 'controversial' 95 original 🤣

Anyone actually made it through it?
 
Last edited:

CMYKhazi-Dan

Saikyo Style 💪
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
1,438CR
Ha ha ha! I never finished RE7 in VR. Even the smell of the headset was enough for me.

I tried my best, my son watched me play it when I went full survival mode and killed the woman spider thing near the start with just a knife because I'm old and couldn't change to a gun 😆
 

_Matt_

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
950CR
I love Resident Evil 4 vr on Quest 2 and I'm afraid I've screamed like a little girl on a few occasions. I also downloaded a couple of the Resident Evil games on PC in the steam sale. Just need to do the VR mod on them but to be honest I think I'm dragging my heels because I'm to scared to play them 😅
 

_Matt_

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
950CR
Well, this is incredibly validating, I thought I was just in need of growing a pair 😂
No it's not just you. I downloaded a Resident Evil demo on ps4 a while back. I walked into a spooky old hut and suddenly a zombie walked past the window outside on it's way to get me. I stood their looking at the door for a few seconds waiting for him to appear and thought sod this and just turned it off and uninstalled it 🤣

These games in VR are way more scary but the weapon system in Resi Evil 4 VR for instance is so realistic and accurate it doesn't bother me as much as I'm a good shot so can usually blow their heads off with a shotgun before they get close, although I still have my moments. Some of the newer Resident Evils on PCVR do look ridiculously scary though. I'm fine in a fire fight but if I've got no ammo and getting chased about in the dark that's not as much fun.
 

Brettster

Arcade, and the Chuck Norris effect
vacBacker
Feedback
20 (100%)
Credits
1,250CR
Have just finished my first play through of RE4 Remake, 25 hours! RE4 is my favourite of the series so far, and this one is a superb remake, with lots of extras.
now to finish it in under 8 hours and get that S+ rank !!
 

funk

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
543CR
Have just finished my first play through of RE4 Remake, 25 hours! RE4 is my favourite of the series so far, and this one is a superb remake, with lots of extras.
now to finish it in under 8 hours and get that S+ rank !!

I honestly need more motivation to get stuck into games. I've never been amazing at them, but I find myself taking years to get through a title where as most normally blast through them in a weekend!
 
Top