Revival Event

boyo

User
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
90CR
We have booked the Wolverhampton Race Course to host a new retro event on May 18th and 19th this year. The venue is large and the space rented is over 1400m2 - we are looking to get 1,000+ visitors each day.

The website is here : http://www.revivalretroevents.com

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/FusionRevival

Event Page : http://www.facebook.com/events/382084498550257/

To give you an idea of scale, this is the layout of the venue:

lay.gif


I have done 3 events before the first being 'The Retro Ball' in Kenilworth that many of the Jamma+ guys came to back in 2005 - we had 20 cabs there and 15 Pinball machines as well as a selection of Pachinkos (did any of you guys come to that?).

As well as having loads of systems to play on, competitions, guest speakers, loads of traders etc I would like a good contingent of arcade machines at our event (as well as pinball machines). Is there anyone on this forum that is interested in bringing along a cabinet or two, or event their collection?

We will also be supporting the Warwickshire Air Amublance Charity and The Retro Computer Museum.

The event is being covered in Retro Gamer magazine in February. I will be ramping up the PR for the event from now.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

boyo2013-01-01 20:41:40
 

pooman2084

Be Attitude For Gains!
vacBacker
Feedback
26 (100%)
Credits
1,886CR
No Fear & Roadshow pinballs. NBA Jam 4 player cab, NeoGeo, Jamma cab (say with Mr. Do! or Bombjack), maybe an Asteroids if I can get it working. I have a HUO Robotron cocktail, but that's staying here I'm afraid!
smiley19.gif


They'd need collecting or I'd need something with a tail lift as I knackered my knee last year and have a year's re-hab to do before I can start lifting cabs about.

I might be able to lob one in the back of the car if you don't want many of them.

I'm in High Wycombe, Bucks, so not too far.
 

boyo

User
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
90CR
Good to talk to you Andy :)

Steve, can you get in touch please :)

Lloyd - will let you know shortly what the plan is and thank you.

boyo2013-01-12 11:05:40
 

boyo

User
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
90CR
New guests -

Roger Kean, Oli Frey and Robin Hogg from Newsfield.

Allister Brimble - musician that created some classic tunes, especially on the Amiga. Alien Breed and Superfrog anyone?

Mike Montgomery - Bitmap Brothers

Bob Wakelin, Mark Jones, Gary Bracey, Bill Harbison and Jim Bagley - Ocean and Special FX

Ian Stewart, Rich Stevenson - Gremlin
 

SimonH

Newbie
Credits
26CR
Really looking forward to this one and being part of it.... The list of exhibitors, traders and people just gets bigger.

I will be there as part of Retro Computer Museum, but looking forward to meeting up with old friends - and there is a bar !!
 

simon_m74

Virtually real!
vacBacker
Credits
357CR
If I can make it I would love to attend. Even better I would love to help! Would be great to meet people!

If it is possible, and working,i would bring my vr along too!
 

boyo

User
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
90CR
simon_m74 said:
If I can make it I would love to attend. Even better I would love to help! Would be great to meet people!

If it is possible, and working,i would bring my vr along too!

Yeas please - what is the best way in which we can have a chat? :)
 
Top