Straightening out a metal glass top support?

Judder

Active member
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
1,001CR
So my Defender Cocktail arrived from the US a few weeks ago, complete with the top being smashed and dented by DHL on the way (*thanks guys...)

So I've managed to replace the glass top with another I had previously imported from the US, but the bracket that holds the glass in has a pretty big dent in it, and I can't seem to easily straighten it out

Any suggestions as to the best way, or who to do it, or where to find a replacement?

Thanks!

photo_3_7.JPG


photo_2_7.JPG


photo_1_10.JPG
 

Judder

Active member
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
1,001CR
Thanks guys - I'm going to try and straighten out the one I have - I might drop in to my local mechanic and see if he has any tools he can help with [guessing he probably might do]

Pain in the hearse though as the steel seems to be hardened and is _tough_ to bend....

Judder2015-02-18 17:07:39
 
Top