Sun Valley - Very Old Machine In Ruislip

eliotcole

Active member
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
1,025CR
There's an old machine in Ruislip (Ruislip Manor, tbf) in an antiques shop ... I've snapped some pictures, but they're not on me right now ...
Either way, the shop is on the South Corner of this cross junction ... I took a couple of pics through the window and will try to get those pics up soonish as they'll let you know more than the extremely little that I've posted about it. :)


Just putting this here in case folks are looking for older things ...


All the information that I have about it is currently in this post ... if you need more, I'd perhaps recommend digging about to see what you can find. Obviously I'm not you, there. ;-).
EDIT
Here are those pics I promised:
pin01.png pin02.png pin03.png pin04.png
Also attached in a ZIP, if you like.
​
 

Attachments

  • pinpics.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

eliotcole

Active member
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
1,025CR
I guess the only way to find out would be to speak to them. 🤷‍♂️
1957 Bally Sun Valley EM pinball machine

No doubt the shopkeeper thinks it's worth £4500
... oh ... and whaddaya know ... I said I know no more ... but I put the below into startpage and it was the first result:
antiques store ruislip manor​
 

eliotcole

Active member
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
1,025CR
OK ... so I finally was in the vicinity when it was actually open and the owner is a lovely bloke, gave me a bit of history on the machine and allowed me to snap a couple of pictures with mum's phone ... so here those are:




Really lovely guy, who I may have accidentally been rude to, as I thought they'd said that they had to go for work reasons ... but as I made my own excuses ... they may have been going to get me some more information. 😬

ANYWAY ... They'd said that they'd got this from a restorer in Dudley (or somesuch) who has since passed on. That being said, as you can see from the images, it's in top nick, and they have original plans, manual, etc ... as well as a very in-depth, custom, manual, too.

The store owner does nothing on eBay but is very amiable, so, if you're interested, I'm sure that you can find out more at the previously found details, above!



PS - They also have these two one-arm bandits!
 

Attachments

  • 20260904_115619.jpg
    20260904_115619.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20260904_115614.jpg
    20260904_115614.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8

aeroflott

A different league
Feedback
16 (100%)
Credits
1,052CR
They had a bunch of these things in the café where I played videogames in Bristol. This would be around 1980 to 1983. The old boys would sit on them for hours. Very cool.
 

eliotcole

Active member
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
1,025CR
Yeah ... I thought so ... and (fwiw) that's what the shop owner used to do!
They had a bunch of these things in the café where I played videogames in Bristol. This would be around 1980 to 1983. The old boys would sit on them for hours. Very cool.

I think he's asking ~£2500 ...
 
Top