Super Nt

Brettster

Arcade, and the Chuck Norris effect
vacBacker
Feedback
20 (100%)
Credits
1,251CR
Well it looks like I didn't escape the import Tax after all, This was delivered to my Work Address and yesterday they got a Letter from DHL asking for a £47 bill!!

not sure if this is more as it was deferred payment as it went to a business address?
may change the address my Mega SG gets delivered to if that's the case
 

kuato_lives

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
235CR
I’ve had a similar letter - missed the original delivery and was left with a card asking for £39. Despite rescheduling delivery for a day I would be in, DHL attempted redelivery on some random day and luckily my wife was home. Only asked for a signature so thought I’d gotten lucky but no, letter this Friday asking for the money
smiley18.gif
 

gojira54

Newbie
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
0CR
I bought at first release and didn't get hit by tax... I'm glad I didn't order the new MD one now, tax on top just pushes it over the edge for me.
The super nt is great, shame none of the other cores have been released tho :/
 

kuato_lives

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
235CR
Hey gojira, yeah import costs on Mega Sg making me think hard about it...saw your post on the MiSter DE10 nano, which I’d not heard of before but looks cool - how does the PCE core compare to real hardware, and can it run CD games or just Hu card images? Is the HDMI output on par with say the Super Nt? Long term one of these may be better value for money than a new Analogue FPGA system every 12 months!kuato_lives2018-11-03 12:17:43
 

gojira54

Newbie
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
0CR
I don't really know yet tbh - I haven't tested it out properly as you need extra boards for some cores etc... so far the PCE core looks good but the scaling although good isn't as great as the super nt.
MiSTer is expensive, probably £200-250 once got everything but I'm looking at it for Amiga, X68000 and arcade cores mainly.

Super NT with SD2SNES is convenient & good, just wish it had all the other cores, I'm not going to pay out every time they release another core in another box
 
Top