Tech: Space Invaders HELP!

MarbleMad

Active member
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
106CR
[ukvac] Tech: Space Invaders HELP!
Tech: Space Invaders HELP!

OK I have a 3 board taito space invaders set here with a small graphics
fault. THe game plays but there's a little graphical glitch - a single
line of pixels flasheson and off at the front of certain invader
bullets.

I know the problem lies in the ram cpu board from swapping out a good
set.

The hardware ram test? (the bars you get when you pull all the roms out)
looks OK.

I installed the original space invaders rom set to get the more thorough
self test program and ran that (dip3).

In mame this test produces 3 sets of thin inverting black and white
lines - followed by a screen of garbage then a RAM OK message.

I'm told that if there's a ram fault it should display some indication
on the screen.

In my board set all it does is generate one of thin white lines and then
it sits there doing NOTHING until you reset dip3 and the game starts
again.

Anyone have any idea how I should proceed?
---
James G Watt
http://www.kinetic-arts.co.uk
Part of the Video Arcade Game Collectors WebRing.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
 
Top