Vindicators Raid Restore

Gaming Heaven

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
106CR
Massive thanks to Olly I got this machine on Thursday and had the day off so set to work, I will add as I do more

Its a really nice machine.

102_0655_2.jpg


the T mold on the control panel could do with replacing at some point due to burns but I hope that is an easy job, the controls need opening up and checking and metal work sorting

102_0656_2.jpg


nice original instructions

102_0664_2.jpg


monitor and gameboard look original and untouched

102_0665_2.jpg


I cleaned this grill, I hoovered and cleaned in the bottom empty void

102_0667_2.jpg


Looks nuts but the best way to clean and varnish the underside and fit castors

102_0669_2.jpg


Filling some holes and regluing some of the T mold

102_0671_2.jpg


Looking much cleaner....

102_0676_2.jpg


Everything non electrical was cleaned with vinegar and cheap cloths! Super quick to remove grime and damp residue.

102_0663_2.jpg


Marquee works, pcb works, monitor was arching at the HT suction cap but I am hoping this was just some damp as seemed to clear up

102_0679_2.jpg


Monitor needs some adjusting when I get time, just increase the brightness

102_0684_2.jpg


Gaming Heaven2015-11-07 00:28:19
 
  • Like
Reactions: cNp

Gaming Heaven

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
106CR
To do:

- work out how to coin it up as no coin mech!

open CP and clean underneath
clean and tighten sticks
sort metal work on CP
maybe replace CP T molding
fix the left hand side track as the wood has split, needs glue and then filler
fit locks
fill holes in coin door
deep clean the bottom rubber matting

not sure whether to remove ashtray or not, I don't like it, but it does bring back the reality of the 80's if you know what I mean!
 

Pofo

User
Feedback
0 (50%)
Credits
62CR
Hi!!!

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Your vindicators cab is not the worst unit i saw (mine was almost destroyed) and had the typical elements to be restored. The plastic cover of the tank wheels (sorry i do not know the exact word) is common in the leroy merlin (at least here in spain) supermarket, and the cost for it is about 20 gbp (both sides), the side vynil there is a mate known in forums that offer it but a little expensive, but the more complicated is the frontal brilliant (one was sold in ebay a year ago in USA).

I have a lot of omrom switches that are common to be bad, you can buy it on aliexpress (10 for 10 gbp or soo).

The controls are easy to paint but i recommend to make a superficial care first with good imprimation.

All your inside cabinet looks to be great and the outside really is not bad, you have a good unit, mines needed wood job.

Is a really nice game, nice to see another vindi cab.

Pofo2015-11-09 08:41:59
 

ColinD

Active member
Feedback
6 (86%)
Credits
1,367CR
I'm going to scrap one of these.... Bought as water damaged locally (been left outside in a puddle and in the rain) and I just wanted a few parts out of it...... Pcb has already gone for now (helping with the repro Slags chip testing) and the sound board is rusted up ( I will use this for spares or repair)....

I might keep the handles (or just a pair) and certainly the monitor ( I might condider selling this) and psu / transformer but the rest of the cab is up for grabs so if you need any specific parts or spares for free let me know.... just collect at a show or pay postage....

Cheers, Col

ColinD2015-11-09 19:35:32
 
Top