Williams Moon Patrol

bbz149

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
26 (100%)
Credits
1,608CR
More of a tidy up than a full restoration! Side art has the odd ding and scratch, but as it's going between other cabs I wont be doing a full repaint and Stencil at this point. And still need to convert it to 240v

This is the Machine purchased as faulty from Lincoln Maine and I had it shipped over just before Christmas

20151221_113216_zpsqpow3fmp.jpg


Machine arrived with a faulty Power supply, repaired this by replacing the 2N3055 on the Heatsink and 2 Voltage Regulators IC's. Looks like one of the contacts on the Connector had overheated in the past and one lead was soldered directly to one of the Pins
smiley5.gif


20151227_161519_zpsyjgpuy0n.jpg


20151228_185437_zpstxna1odh.jpg


20160107_181244_zpslsha4iro.jpg


Replaced all Connectors and still need to install new sockets into the Cab at some point

20160108_185647_zpsq3oswhnk.jpg


Powered up the Game and got
smiley4.gif


20151228_184814_zpsq8zcyjck.jpg


Next to install the Save Game Kit I purchased from the US. The Original Board set is very clean with matching Serial numbers!

20151230_160501_zps4eojneuh.jpg


Removed the 4 Roms to install the Board

20151230_160915_zps0sipyjfk.jpg


20151230_161722_zps2psgk9vm.jpg


Next for the Control Panel which is looking rather worn!

20160109_184918_zpsooqamewq.jpg


20160109_185001_zpsgdogzunn.jpg


And the New Overlay purchased in the US while I was in NY

20160109_190427_zpsqrckju9p.jpg


Ill add pic's this eve of the completed CP as new Red and Yellow Buttons just delivered to Work
smiley4.gif
I already had some new White Leaf Buttons so should look rather nice once it's completed.
 

Arch

Active member
Feedback
9 (100%)
Credits
122CR
Moon Patrol is a cool game, and the cab is a real looker! :)
The 110V-230V conversion - is that just a matter of rewiring? Or is it more elaborate?
 

LAZORIAN

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
260CR
Awesome stuff getting this working you must be chuffed.
The cab looks in pretty decent condition
The stencilled side art is so cool on this cab.

Personally I can live with some nicks and dings
so im not going to do much on my cab.
I will replace the buttons though.

I'd be interested to see how you get on with the cpo as its a wood panel
Look forward to the updates.
 

bbz149

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
26 (100%)
Credits
1,608CR
Converting 110 to 240v, I bought a new Varistor from Maplin Link


This is the old Filter and Varistor which looks like 156v Max! The Old Filter is 250v so I wont be swapping that.

20160117_141400_zpsrrrfx96c.jpg


New Varistor installed also replaced the Fuse on the Live to a 3A 240v

20160117_150111_zps81cigqxu.jpg


Next to install the Marquee Ballast. Now I'm starting to think that this was a waste of £20! and the info here is incorrect! Link As US uses 60hz and UK is 50hz, even though it states on this Site that a 60hz Ballast does not like 50hz and that he replaced it with a BA02 Ballast 14-15-20w/110v
smiley5.gif


Well I installed Ballast and the new Starter with these

20160116_124228_zpsoralaqfo.jpg


But noticed the new Ballast is also 60hz LMFAO. Anyway it gets quite hot and I only noticed that after smelling a slight burning smell after the Machine had been on for an Hour. Question is, is the smell because the Ballast is new, or do I bin that and find another one?
 
Top