Zaccaria Quasar Cocktail

cools

I joined ages ago honest
Feedback
18 (95%)
Credits
779CR
Just picked this up locally. Previous owner had bought it as a project and promptly smashed the glass, so I've spent a couple of hours stripping it apart to get all that mess out.

4886601254_fc40d11e08_b.jpg


Monitor works
smiley4.gif
. Board set is present and correct but is either faulty or the loose wires not connected to the transformer need to be hooked up. It's in reasonable condition overall, mainly suffering from rust.
[list type=decimal][*]Coin door (hopefully kdoe will have one)[*]New glass[*]All the visible metal needs refinishing. Chrome + paint where appropriate.
[*]New bolts throughout.[/list type=decimal]
 

Setch

The nice ad-min
vacBacker
Credits
538CR
Think I have some pics of 2 of these that were up at SCOTVAC 7. loooong time ago.

1 was complete and Marblemad got it working the other had a fork lift dropped on it and was pretty much broken in half....

i can see if I still have them if it will help with the restore.

Setch
 

cools

I joined ages ago honest
Feedback
18 (95%)
Credits
779CR
That'd be cool. I've got pics of what the glass is supposed to be like but I doubt it'll end up with an authentic screened top :)
 

cools

I joined ages ago honest
Feedback
18 (95%)
Credits
779CR
Right. The PSU delivers 5v/-5v/12v... And that's about it in terms of working items. The chassis (Hantarex MTC-90) has HV output - I've seen raster lines, but after a few seconds of power magic smoke starts coming out of the MU board...
 

cools

I joined ages ago honest
Feedback
18 (95%)
Credits
779CR
Apparently. I noticed one of the wires was disconnected on the yoke just now and we no longer get smoke! Which is a bit more pleasant.
 

cools

I joined ages ago honest
Feedback
18 (95%)
Credits
779CR
Innit. That's kinda bummed me out finding out how bad the MTC90s are. The gameboard being dead isn't such a big deal, the monitor's a pain though.

Well, kdoe's dug out a coin door for me. I need a dark green leaf button to replace a nasty previously-glued-in white one, and then other than the glass it'll be stock, and complete apart from the top glass.

Really unsure whether it's worth my while fixing it up any more though, particularly when I now urgently need the space it's occupying back. Anyone fancy a cheap cocktail project? Hell if you're able to collect quickly I could be persuaded to give it away for nowt.
 

cools

I joined ages ago honest
Feedback
18 (95%)
Credits
779CR
Kdoes come through with the coin door.
smiley41.gif
A vast improvement.

So the cab's now complete apart from glass and one button. And non working
smiley21.gif
 
Top