Ms Pac Man scratch build replica

Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
26CR
Hello! I have just started my second replica cab build, this time its a Ms Pac full size cab (my first was a DK replica last year: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/wtd-any-donkey-kong-nintendo-cab-parts_topic334635_page4.html)

I've had to source most of the parts I need from the US, which are all currently in transit. I just need to find a coin door and I'm about done.

My first package arrived today
smiley4.gif


7Of0wM.jpg


D7rIHO.jpg


Complete control panel

Marquee retainers

Marquee

Speaker Vent

& Pac to Jamma adaptor

All from mikesarcade.com!

I also took delivery of the wood for the side panels today so I got started cutting those, but it got too dark outside so I shall route the slot for the t-moulding tomorrow.

jVNDiU.jpg


I dont expect this to be a short build, it may take a while but I shall keep this thread updated for anyone interested.
 

Dex-Jay

Active member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
375CR
Oh yes! Scratchbuilt cab build-up's are always great reading! Your Kong looks awesome too!

(I've a feeling I've said that already, but I'll say it again!)

smiley20.gif

Keep us all updated!
smiley1.gif
 
G

Guests

Guest
Awesome, you're not hanging around!

Your Donkey Kong came out real nice if this is half as good as that then it's
smiley20.gif
from me!
 

Equites

Chief Sheesher®
vacBacker
Feedback
35 (100%)
Credits
3,326CR
Have you decided on what to do with the artwork yet? Vinyl or stencils?

I believe Ms.Pac's came with both stencil work and silkscreened vinyl.

Also, I have a Midway coin door from a Pac, but it is the door only, no frame.Equites2014-11-05 18:05:39
 
G

Guests

Guest
Wasn't Frank talking of doing a run of repro Midway coin doors?
 
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
26CR
Cheers guys! I'm going down the stencil route! So it'll be an adventure haha!

I have a door lined up, only thing it's coming from the US so even more $$$ will be spent on import fees!
 
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
26CR
A little update for today! I had some time to route the slots for the t-moulding:

f8RpXr.jpg


I also popped into the local DIY store to pick up some colour cards for the paint. I found a Dulux blue called "Holiday Blues 1" that matches up pretty well to the CP, what do you guys think?

1NLX8S.jpg


And finally I purchased the coin door, the seller sent me these photos, it looks in pretty good shape!

e2VKPA.jpg


fm9M4H.jpg


And thats all for today, I may get some time to make a start on the stencils for the side art tonight.
 

Dex-Jay

Active member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
375CR
I'd buy yourself some coated Pantone chips if it was me..... you know they'll come in handy.

Get coated that's gloss or uncoated too if you can stretch to it!
 
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
26CR
Think I'm going to stick to b&q I don't want to spend massive ammounts on paint, the blue is close enough for me. I have also decided to free hand the artwork without the use of stencils, it's a massive headache and I'm confident I can do them by hand.
 
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
26CR
Got the cab upright today, both sides fixed to the base:

J48ZrG.jpg


Placed the CP in just to make sure it fits!!

FaMxku.jpg


Also I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have the measurements for the coin door cut out, but I cannot find the measurements for the placement of it on the front panel, does anyone have this measurement?

0YtmjP.jpg


Cant seem to find it online anywhere??

cheers
 
Top