Vectrex questions

Retroman839

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
13 (100%)
Credits
7,919CR
I need to check which versions I have but I’m sure it’s
Bare metal and piteam.

Not updated in a while though.
Good excuse to see if anything new.

World war vi looks good.

I want stramashzone
 
Last edited:

Vorbis

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
735CR
My Pitrex is arriving later, so just need to put it together. Probably really easy but I'm bound to fuck it up somehow😐

Feeling confident 🤣

UV Frame has also arrived just waiting to hear back from Laurence for the overlays
 

2huwman

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
365CR
My Pitrex is arriving later, so just need to put it together. Probably really easy but I'm bound to fuck it up somehow😐

Feeling confident 🤣

UV Frame has also arrived just waiting to hear back from Laurence for the overlays
That image link to Mega I posted works fine. You shouldn't have any problems. Would be interested to hear what you think of your UV frame.
 

Vorbis

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
735CR
That image link to Mega I posted works fine. You shouldn't have any problems. Would be interested to hear what you think of your UV frame.
I was struggling to download it, kept getting errors until I realised my HD was full 🙄

I've flashed it to an SDHC using Balena etcher which seemed to be successful (but can't now read the SD card which I assume is normal?)

How do I add files if I can't see the SD card? (Probably a stupid question but I am kinda stupid when it comes to this stuff 😐)
 

2huwman

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
365CR
I was struggling to download it, kept getting errors until I realised my HD was full 🙄

I've flashed it to an SDHC using Balena etcher which seemed to be successful (but can't now read the SD card which I assume is normal?)

How do I add files if I can't see the SD card? (Probably a stupid question but I am kinda stupid when it comes to this stuff 😐)
You should be able to read the SD card in Windows Explorer. Try a different USB port maybe. Otherwise try Raspberry Pi Imager or Win32DiskImager
 

Vorbis

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
735CR
Well it's working, although the games look like a bit of a mess but I guess I need to spend some time on calibration.

Was having a bit of a panic as initially wasn't working but hadn't pressed the PiZero in hard enough. Needed a lot firmer push than I was comfortable giving 😐
 

2huwman

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
365CR
Well it's working, although the games look like a bit of a mess but I guess I need to spend some time on calibration.

Was having a bit of a panic as initially wasn't working but hadn't pressed the PiZero in hard enough. Needed a lot firmer push than I was comfortable giving 😐
yeah it takes a good push. you should be able to straighten the screen out with the calibration menu. The 'baremetal' version is better apparently.
 

Vorbis

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
735CR
yeah it takes a good push. you should be able to straighten the screen out with the calibration menu. The 'baremetal' version is better apparently.
I'll probably leave this image and grab another SD card so I can try the other without messing up. Also need to see what keyboards are compatible as I'm itching to try Elite. Vectrex seems made for that!
 

Vorbis

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
735CR
Initial thoughts are nothings changed since I last tried the Pitrex a couple of years ago, but planning on spending a lot more time with it this time.
 

Vorbis

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
735CR
I think I'm going to have to spend quite a bit of time on this Pitrex. Vextrex games look ok but on Star Wars some vectors are bright and clear whilst others including text is barely visible. The whole thing is on the wonk and pushed to one side and certainly not playable.

Elite looks good (at least the rotating ship at the start does) but I'm going to have to find a low powered keyboard and a right angle mini usb connector to play it.
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,961CR
Just a heads up for anyone wanting a UVMC2 (Ultimate Vectrex Multi Cart 2) from Arcade Jason. He's looking to do another batch, if there's enough interest. He and Ralf have been putting out some pretty impressive stuff for it lately, so don't miss out!

 
Top