Baby Pacman Restoration

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
52 (100%)
Credits
2,254CR
Nice one, been a tough resto reading back though. How about a vid of some gameplay, I've never played on one of these and no idea how it plays!
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,983CR
Interesting video, cheers for posting.

That game sure looks a complicated nightmare to fix/maintain, so congrats on doing that.
smiley20.gif
 

Purity

The Oracle
vacBacker
Feedback
17 (100%)
Credits
2,999CR
big10p said:
Interesting video, cheers for posting.

That game sure looks a complicated nightmare to fix/maintain, so congrats on doing that.
smiley20.gif

It's not actually as difficult as I thought it would be. The manual is fairly comprehensive, so it's fairly straightforward to track back and find the problem. Luckily the issues I had were not particularly hard though.

The good thing is you can independently test the boards, maybe apart from the lamp/solenoid board, so that's a good starting point
Purity2015-09-26 21:53:15
 

LAZORIAN

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
260CR
This is such an awesome thread, thanks for all the photos & videos as well as the technical information. I'm chuffed for you that you've reached this stage in the restoration. Totally worth it for a great game :)
 

Purity

The Oracle
vacBacker
Feedback
17 (100%)
Credits
2,999CR
Thanks guys, much appreciated
smiley32.gif


I just looked at the views of this thread - 53,000! Hopefully others might be able to find some useful bits to fix their own Baby Pacman cabinets. Hopefully I've not bored people with this. It's been helpful to keep this thread updated, as it helped me to think about why a problem might be occuring, and obviously the input from other members on here has helped loads!

Purity2015-09-26 22:14:27
 

JohnUK

User
Credits
33CR
Never seen this game before looks really nice but ultra complicated if you don't know your way around things electrically. I'm sure most operators would have to be electronic experts or spend a fortune on off site repairs.
 
Top